Sunday, October 6, 2013

Stove Tamer and Heat Diffuser



Great for camp stoves.
The Stove Tamer is made from thick, space-age, sheet metal. The same material NASA uses in the duct work of their office heating systems. I use this to help control the temp of camp stoves. It also allows you to use metal cups and small pots on your stove that might otherwise fall through the pot supports. I've used mine a lot and it has started to deform into kind of a bowl shape. It still works but the same side has to be up all the time now.

Stove Tamer & Heat Diffuser
I purchased this Item primarily for camping/backpacking. White gas camping stoves burn very hot and are very difficult to tame. Also most camping cook ware is very thin, you end up burning most things on the bottom of your cook ware. The Stove Tamer works great for helping control the heat source. Plus the Stove Tamer is very light and rugged making it compatible for backpacking.

Stover Tamer tames the stove
After reading a few reviews, it sounded like what I was looking for & it is great. It fits perfectly with my Jet Boil stove & my MSR titanium pot. It is exactly what I needed, it heats up the entire bottom of the pot, love it. It is also lighter than I was expecting.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment