Thursday, October 10, 2013

Rachael Ray Stainless Steel II Colors Dishwasher Safe 10-Piece Cookware Set, Purple



Decent Pans that are Light and Heat Quickly
This is a good pan set for the price. The pots have stainless steel interiors. The fry pans are non-stick. Overall I think they are thin. But that makes them light and easy to handle. Also if you put in large amounts of cold ingredients, the pan cools significantly (compared to my other set of Circulon cookware). The thinness may have also been the reason why two of the pots I got in my set were a little dented at the lip. It was very slight and didn't effect how the glass lids fit. The glass lids are pretty standard. They are universal/transferable to my other pots/pans not from this set. I also like that the pots are stainless inside with no finish. I can scrub it as vigorously as I like and not have to worry about destroying the pots. This set will definitely work for now. They're nothing fancy and great for daily use and abuse. I'm kind of glad of the price point because that means I don't have to baby them too much. But I still dream of buying and collecting fancier cookware in...

Looks good, Great for those of us stuck with electric heat
I am very pleased with this cookware set. The pots have a quality feel to them, with the weight being not so light that would indicate a cheap thin gauge metal, yet not so heavy that it breaks my wrist to handle them when filled with food. The base is aluminum encased in stainless steel, and they heat evenly and are plenty thick, which is great because it will prevent the frying pans from warping, as the thinner pans are prone to do. The size of the bottoms fits 6" and 8" electric burners perfectly. (I do miss gas very much)

I like the back enamel exterior - it is actually a very practical color, and I'm hoping it will not show the slight discoloration near the base that usually builds up over time. The handles are quite comfortable to hold and hopefully will be as durable as the cookware. The glass lids seem very thick and sturdy, being encased in a thick metal rim, and the riveted handles have a quality feel to them as well. One thing I wish they had is a slight relief...

Decent cookware at a decent price.
Seems like Cooking celebrities have paired up with various manufacturers to brand their products. Without RR's name on this set, maybe it would be 1/2-2/3 the price? But despite this, this a decent set that will get the stovetop job done well enough. Best part about it is that these should work with induction stovetops for those that have 'em. The silicone handles are great and the glass lids are nice to be able to see how things are progressing. These are not difficult to clean, but I admit I routinely put smaller pots and pans in the dishwasher. So time will tell how long the finish lasts.

My absolute favorite cookware set is Farberware stainless steel set <$70. I love this extreme value set because they're REALLY light and very easy to clean. My FW pots (not the frying pans) still look brand new after years of use and cleaning. My least favorite is, ironically, my expensive Cephalon set, which is very heavy and kinda of a pain to clean. The RR set comes...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment