Friday, October 4, 2013

Hawkins B41 Classic Aluminum Pressure Cooker with Separator, 6.5-Liter



Typical Hawkins - Quality and Utility
I bought my first pressure cooker 30+ years ago in college, for cooking beans. I still have that little Mirro, stamped July of 1973 on the bottom. A few gaskets over the years and other than that, it works perfectly still. Over the years my affection for pressure cookers never waned. Now, with them being used on "Iron Chef" and other TV shows, a new generation of cooks is discovering their delights.

I already have a very small 1.5 liter Hawkins that I've reviewed on that page. It is perfect for one serving of many things, but it must be realized with any of these cookers, of any brand, that the cooker is not meant to be filled to over 2/3 full. That means, of course, that a 6 quart cooker really only cooks 4 quarts. This is why you should buy a cooker larger than you expect to make.

So why a Hawkins? Anyone who has used one of their many models can tell they are of fine quality. There are a bunch of Chinese flimsy and cheap cookers on the market now,...





Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment