Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Scanpan CTX 12-3/4-Inch Covered Chef's Pan



Excellent Cookware
I stumbled over Scanpan CTX cookware as I was searching for a replacement for my venerable cast iron skillets (seem to be getting heavier!). My test piece was a skillet, and it worked so well I bought several more pieces, including the Chef's pan. This piece sits permanently on my induction stove top, and is used for just about every meal. It heats quickly and evenly, it sears my chops and it simmers my sauces. In three months use I have not found anything to stick; I often clean it by pouring in some cold water with a drop of soap, turn on the induction to for a few seconds to warm it and run a dishcloth around, rinse and dry. My All Clad pans never get used any more. Quite pricey, though, I'm hoping that in a few years time I will look back on them as an investment.

OK, after three months, I have to say that the frypans now stick! Even with a starter of butter my two omelettes stuck to the pan.

GOD like pan
It heats a little slowly but once it gets up to temp it COOKS. You must watch the temp so you do not burn anything once it does heat up. IT's not good at browning anything but it's GREAT at your normal cooking. Nothing will stick -- EVER!

Scanpan 12 3/4
I have been reading and reading on a good non stick. The CTX from scanpan seemed to me to be the best. After using it I was happy with how easy food slid off and wiped clean with a towel. If you have the money for it, do it. If not save your money and buy a cheap non stick and replace yearly.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment