Saturday, October 12, 2013

Bodum Chambord Enameled 37cm 14-1/2-Inch Cast Iron Wok with Glass Lid, Red



Bodum Chambord Enameled Cast Iron Wok
I purchased a cookbook - the Steamy Kitchen Cookbook by Jaden Hair. In this book she reviews the various types of woks and how to select the correct design for your stove. She highly recommended a cast iron wok - and when I was looking through Amazon's options - this wok stood out because it is not only functional, but the enameled outside, makes it a stunning piece of cookware. I've never cooked with cast iron and found that this wok is perfect for the Asian cooking I am learning. Heat distribution is even. The lid actually works for steaming and there is a rack that can be used to keep the food warm, while cooking other items. The wok is very heavy - just be aware of that fact - and you will love your new wok.

Great wok!
I cook Chinese food everyday so wok is my most important cookware. Had purchase many nonstick wok through the year but always end up buying different wok the next time because the nonstick surface either peel or scratch later. I decided to give this one a try. I just love it! It is very heavy so it's kind of hard to wash but it balance good when I stir fry, I don't need to hold the handle as I cook or pour the food in the plate, and it works very good for stir fry. I'm not good with word in English, but I can say this is the BEST wok I've ever own.

Best wok I ever had - especially on electric
I've had this (or maybe an earlier version) for around 10 years(?), and it's fantastic. It's solid, very heavy (doesn't move even with vigorous use on a smoothtop), cleans up well (avoid soap!), even looks nice. The mass of cast iron is a big win when stir-frying; the temp won't drop as much when new food is added. The flat bottom works great with electric ranges/smoothtops, and also with induction.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment