Friday, October 11, 2013

Circulon Contempo Hard Anodized Nonstick 11-Inch Skillet, Silver



Very good pan
This is my first Circulon product so I didn't know what to expect. This particular frying pan is heavy and well-balanced. The handle is very sturdy and the silicone covering makes it non-slip. It fits a standard 10 inch burner. However, it is only 1-3/4 inches deep. Since the sides are sloped and the food doesn't stick, it is easy to stir things out (guess I need to SLOW down when I'm cooking!). It does not come with a lid and I'm not sure if you can order one separately. All in all a good buy IMO.

Circulon Classic 25th Anniversary Pan
I have been using this pan now for 3 weeks and it sure has lived up to the Circulon name. I have pan fried chicken and sauted vegetables and also made crepes once. All foods I cook in this pan come out well made. The pan heats up evenly and the non stick coating is superb. Love the pan.

Uncertain
I bought this pan from Amazon after owning a Circulon wok for 14+ years. We LOVE our wok, and Circulon in general gets very good reviews. So we naturally tried Circulon again.

However, I must say I'm disappointed in this pan. It came with a small scratch on the silver coating on the outside of the pan. When I pulled on the little silver tab of coating it stretched a bit and came off. The silver coating immediately surrounding the scratch seamed like it did not adhere to the pan as well as the normal areas, like I could pull some of it off. At first, I ignored it, but after some thought, I was worried that if it came this way when new, the coating might come off too easily while using it. So I waited and thought about it.

A few days later, I discovered that Bed, Bath, & Beyond has this same pan + more. So, I went to actually see them all. (BTW - BBB carries these pans for $25 too, but you can use a 20% coupon and save $5.) My local BBB only had 1 of...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment