Sunday, October 6, 2013

Texsport Cast Iron Dutch Oven - 20 Quart



texport cast iron dutch oven - 20 quart
This dutch oven was the best peice of camping equiptment i ever bought. It was a present for my brother. He absolutly loved it. It is a solid and well built oven. It is huge. It is perfect if you need to feed yourself and 15 of your friends. If you are a camper or even if you just like cooking over an open fire. this is a must for you gear.

Very large
My dutch oven came in a timely manner with no defects. This is the first cast iron I have ever bought that was brand new and not preseasoned. Kind of a pain but not unbearable. I took it on our annual family campout this year to try it out. I made 4 gallons of clam chowder in it over a fire, on a strong tripod. What a monster! Turned out great and worked perfectly. No hotspots or problems. You could cook a turkey in this thing. If you are going to use a tripod make sure it is a beast as this pot weighs 45 lbs. empty. I had 10 lbs of potatoes, 6 lbs. or so of razor clams, 1 1/2 lbs. of bacon, probably 15 lbs of liquids and a bunch of other goodies in there. the weight adds up fast and it was very heavy to handle full of food. I didn't really think about it until it was time to take it off the hook. I would strongly recommend this product to anyone that has a large group to cook for. It was fun to use and performed great. Prime rib is the next project.

Garbage !!!
I wanted 6. Amazon would only send me 4. Thanks Amazon! That was the best part of this deal. Out of 4, only one arrived unbroken. I’ve been cooking in Dutch ovens for decades. Everyone will tell you, never, ever buy Chinese Dutch ovens. Better still, stick with American brands like Lodge. Serves me right, I know better…. These things are like glass. They come in a flimsy box and the legs are the fist things to go. The tops don’t fit well either. I had a little run around trying to return all of them because the UPS guy would just drop them off and run so instead of simply refusing them, I had to haul them down town and drop them off. Save yourself a ton of trouble DO NOT BUY THIS GARBAGE !!!!! Thankfully, Amazon is standing behind their return policy. I spoke w/ their customer service gal and told her, Amazon needs to quit selling these things. Hopefully they listened and you won’t even have to read this review!

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment