Saturday, October 5, 2013

Rachael Ray Cast Iron 12-Inch Skillet with Helper Handle and 2 Pour Spouts, Orange



Nice big cast iron skillet
This Rachael Ray cast iron 12" skillet with helper handle and pour spouts is slightly different than another version with silicone handles which this one doesn't have. But this model can go up to 500F in the oven where the other only did 450F. This may be the new release as the other has been unavailable for over a year. Our family will use this skillet for years to come so get it while it's here.

PS. It is a black interior as pictured not as described in white.

pre-warped for your cooking convenience
I had high hopes for this pan. However, a number of items contributed to my ultimate disappointment:

1. After receiving it, I read in the instructions that one should not use of the pan on a glass stove top. The reason is because it is assumed that moving it around on the burner will scratch the glass. While you might think this would be obvious, I did not see this warning anywhere in the listing and I have another cast iron pan that I've used for months on my stove top without any problems. No biggie. I decided to try it anyway and just refrain from moving the pan laterally on the stove top.

2. Immediately after setting the pan on my glass stove top (which was off), I noticed why it was probably not recommended. The pan is warped and would not lay flat. I probably wouldn't have noticed this on a 1960s style electric range.

3. At this point, I proceeded to cook a couple of garden burgers in it. I used a little bit of oil in case the "non stick"...

Good buy
I think the skillet was a great buy. I have it in orange. Spent months looking for this item. Then it was out of stock. Then there was more stock and I purchased it. Watched RR use it a year ago for the first time on her show. RR cooked with a blue one and a red one on her show as well as the orange. I kept sending the show e-mails since I had my heart set on the red skillet and got no response, ever. I settled on orange. Whatever color it is a great skillet with great price. I agree with all the good cooks of the world - everyone should have a good cast iron skillet.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment