Sunday, October 6, 2013

Le Creuset 1.25 Quart Stainless Steel Demi Tea Kettle



band-aid fix for induction compatibility
Instead of being a tri-ply stainless for induction compatibility, Le Creuset has welded a ferro-magnetic disc to the bottom of this tea kettle to make it usable on an induction cooktop, resulting in a cheap work-around for Le Creuset.

It works okay on our induction cooktop, but takes forever for water to boil, unless I engage the Power Boost function of our cooktop. Furthermore, the disc causes a buzzing sound on the cooktop, so something is weird about the disc. (My All-Clad tri-ply cookware doesn't make this sound.) The disc also makes the tea kettle heavy.

For this reason, I gave it three stars. I like the classic styling, SS finish, and 1.25 qt. size. For this reason, I am keeping it. I will be scouting around, though, for something else without a big heavy disc on the bottom.

Gorgeous and does the job!
Beautiful sitting on my stove. The lid fits tightly, so no issue falling off when pouring. Have used it once and totally heard the whistle from another room. It is not as train whistle like some tea kettles, but a nice softer whistle.

Not "Aerodynamic"
Firstly, the handle does not truly lock. It goes slightly past center and hits a "stop" but can come forward while pouring. More importantly, the shape does not allow me to pour with my right hand when the pot is not very full; it has to be tipped virtually upside down to empty (therefore I pour with my left hand.) One must also wait to let the boiling water settle down before pouring, as the spout spatters and spits if one pours too soon. My Le Creuset Zen enamel pot didn't cause me these annoyances, as I recall.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment