Monday, October 14, 2013

Zwilling J.A. Henckels Four Star 5-1/2-Inch High Carbon Stainless Steel Boning Knife



Henkels Boning Knife
This knife is an excellently balanced knife capable of taking and holding a sharp edge. (A steel for truing the blade is necessary.) The blade is flexible which allows the user to easily follow the bones and remove the meat. I bone all of my chicken breasts and thighs with this knife and am able to debone a dozen breasts in a short time. The knife's balance makes it tireless to work with while providing enough heft to do the job.

Perfection
I've used this exquisite boning knife for many years, and used it heavily- cutting apart and boning out very many goat carcasses, chickens, cutting up pieces of meat, etc. etc. Since I use it to cut apart large joints I am often pushing it against the bone but in spite of the abuse it keeps its edge like nothing else. I've not had any knife that comes close to this one in performance for these jobs.

It IS rugged. Sharp. The point is enough to poke through membranes. The curve near the tip ideal for boning. The concave curve near the base of the blade helpful when I want extra leverage in getting through a joint, etc. The balance and shape of the handle unbelievably suberb.

If I sound passionate about this knife, I am! A great knife is a lovely thing to someone who uses it regularly and values an excellent tool. All you need to do is pick up one of these Four Star pieces (their 10" chef knife is my other favorite) and you'll know what I mean. It fits in...

Henkel 4-Star Deboning Knife
The Henkle 4-Star boning knife is an excellent and well balanced knife. It has a flexible blade and an extremely agressive, sharp edge. Maintaining its sharpness with a steel is easy.

I have de-boned lamb legs, lamb shoulders, many chickens and prepared spare ribs for smoking with this knife. It has done the job very well and I earnestly recommend it.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment