Sunday, October 6, 2013

French Fry Cutter, 3/8'' Cut



This is a Serious Piece of Kitchen Equipment
This is a serious piece of kitchen equipment.

We make lots of "french fries" by baking them in the oven to keep them more healthful than the greasy ones you can buy in the store. Cutting them up by hand was time consuming and inconsistent, so we bought one of these to see what it could do.

This thing cuts serious french fries with no problems. We can cut enough fries in 30 seconds to feed four people (about 8 or 9 potatoes). It takes longer to peel the potatoes than it does to cut them LOL. It also takes longer to clean out the cutter than it does to cut the potatoes. But anyway, the cutter does a great job.

Be advised that I had to screw this thing down to an oak board to keep it stabilized for cutting. You don't want to try working this just sitting on the counter top because it takes quite a pull to push the potatoes through. I clamp the board to the kitchen counter with a C clamp and it works great. This is not a flimsy toy but a serious machine...

Quality throughout
Pricey but you get what you pay for. I have always wanted to make my own frys and finally bought a $15 Fleet farm plastic cutter, 1/2 small potatoe later I was trying to pull the remains out of the bent broken carcass that was once a french fry cutter. Boxed it up for return, went home and got online and did my research.

I was missing a nut for assembly so a quick call to kegworks and they sent me a set of suction feet for my trouble! I will be doing business with them again.

I am now using this for all my dicing. Carrots, apples, rutabegas, onions anything you can think of has no problem.

And finally the dreaded "Clean-up" It IS quick simple and painless.

Husband unhappy.
I ordered this French Fry cutter for my husband as a Father's Day gift. I chose this one because of the positive reviews. I must have received a "lemon." The cutter is very, very, very difficult to use. My husband almost had to stand on the lever to push the potato through, yes...he mounted it for more leverage. After cutting three potatoes the blades bent. Sad, he has been wanting a cutter for months...if you purchase this item you will be very disappointed.

Columbuc, GA

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment