Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Stock Pot with Lid Size: 40 Quart



Great pot
Great brew kettle. The gallon indications on the side are great for getting the right amount wort set for the preboil.

Great pot for homebrew
I bought this 10 gallon pot with valve assembly so that I could mash and sparge in the same pot without having to pour into another bucket or pot. I am satisfied with the purchase and quality except that the valve does not come welded to the pot. It's true that it's not stated that the valve is welded, but I assumed that it would be when I bought the pot based on the picture. If it came welded, then I would have given it 5 stars.

However, the pot is very durable, seems to be well constructed, and is a little cheaper than other pots with valves. It comes with a heat shield to protect the valve and O-rings. Even with the valve assembly screwed on, there's no to minimal leaking, which is more than adequate for brewing beer or boiling crawfish.

Needs a better valve safety.
This pot is great except for the valve locking mechanism. It doesn't lock it closed (its supposed to) but will still lock it open. Just what I need when I'm dumping a bunch of boiling liquid and forget that I have to touch a small hot piece of metal to close the valve. I guess i should just remove the little metal locking slider.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment