Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pata Negra Double-Gauge Steel Paella Pan (18 inches/45 cm)



High quality paella pan
This is a very high quality paella pan. It's made of nice, thick steel and feels well made, unlike some of the flimsy, cheap paella pans on the market.

I use this to make paella on my grill. I've used Alton Brown's paella recipe from Good Eats, and have had good results with this pan. It holds up well to the heat and seems to distribute the heat evenly. I was very surprised that, when used right out of the box (I didn't even season it, though it would be a good idea to) after heating up on the grill, after adding just a tiny bit of olive oil the chicken I threw into this pan did not stick AT ALL.

The paella pan does turn a darker color the first time you use it (at least if used on the grill), which I think is normal.

18" is a fairly large pan. It makes about 6-8 good sized servings. It's great for a group of people. For 1-2 people, you may want to consider a smaller pan (unless you want LOTS of leftovers).

Pata Negra Paella Pan
This was bought as a gift to my brother in order to coax him to cook paella the way the Spaniards do it.

Material is first rate and fits the purpose like a glove. You can not make authentic paella without using this kind of cookware.

Great Pan
This pan is great for traditional Paella. I placed it on top of my turkey fryer burner and it worked great. I fed about 25 people and had left overs.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment