Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Cuisinox Electra Induction 11 Inch Non-stick Crepe pan



It works well.
I like this pan in that it is very easy to make crapes because no sides. Just trying to move the batter around by rotating the pan does not work well. You have to use the wood T-Shaped Crape Spreader too. It works on an induction element so that is why I purchased it. What I don't like about it is that it is very slippery on the element and hard to hold and turn the crape at the same time. It's going to take practice I can see. It's a nice size. I also use it for heating up tortillas or making melted cheese sandwiches. It works well as a grill.

Not Great as a Griddle... Maybe it is Great as a Crepe Pan?
The most annoying thing about this pan is that the diameter of the surface that contacts the stove is only about 9" so that the outer 1" ring of the cooking surface does not get as hot as the center of the pan. Is that what a "Crepe Pan" is supposed to do? If so I got the wrong pan. I bought it as my one teflon coated pan to use on my induction cook top so I could make eggs and a pancakes thinking it would act like a griddle.

The teflon scratched almost the first day and I don't remember any reason why it should have, although it hasn't scratched any more over the next ten or so times I've used it.



Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment