Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Cajun Cookware Dutch Ovens 2-Quart Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch Oven



Great for small families
I first bought the previous pot, which required 3 hours and lots of shortening to season; it ended up greasy so I rushed to replace it when this pot came out. I down graded this Dutch oven because the handle just gets in the way; I had my husband remove it with a cutting tool. Also, I suspect the lid does not fit very tightly. I had really wanted a Dutch oven this size; small in cookware is hard to find. So far I have made beef burgundy twice, and it was delicious. Just so you know how much the pan holds, slightly less than 1 pound of stew meat with 1 1/8 cups liquid are the maximum for it. The recipe required that I brown the meat and heat the liquid on the stove top; in less than 3 hours of oven time, the stew meat was tender and getting crusty because all the liquid was gone; just wine dregs and a little fat remained.

small, but cute
This is a small DO, but perfect for doing side dishes in or reheating if you are like me and avoid microwaves. It came in really good condition and is already seasoned. Also came quickly.

Great little Dutch Oven
Outstanding! I found none of the flaws mentioned by other reviewers. When compared to Lodge cookware, the finish is comparable. The lid fits closely. The seasoning is outstanding.

I did remove the bail. Upon receipt, I scrubbed the pot with hot water, wiped it with vegetable oil; placed it in a 350 degree oven for one hour, then turned the oven off and left the little Dutch oven in place to cool overnight.

It's just the right size for one or perhaps two people.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment